Collection: Edenton

From the 1880.History of Clermont County, Ohio:

"Edenton is located on the Milford and Woodville free turnpike, three miles southwest of Woodville, on the north bank of Stonelick Creek, and has over 200 inhabitants.

It was laid out Aug. 12, 1837, by Silas V Jordan, and consisted of 16 lots on Main Street. Additions were made by Amos Jordan, Aug. 22, 1870, of 6 lots; and by Robert Fuller, Sr., April 24, 1874, of 8 lots; and on the 27th of April, 1874, by James Cramer, on the old pike, of 8 lots.

The first house built on its site was by James Dimmitt, in 1837, and is now the property of John Prickett. The next one was a frame, built by Robert B. Thompson, in 1838, for a hotel. It is now gone, but the site is occupied by Jackson Cramer. The next one was built by Matthew McNeal, on the present site of Isaiah Doughman's blackĀ­smith-shop, in 1838, in which he kept the first store ever in Edenton"

Source: 1880. History of Clermont County, Ohio, with illustrations and biographical sketches...
L.H. Everts & Co.

Edenton