10th annual banquet of Crescent Club held Feb. 22, 1916 in meeting room above Parlor Drugstore Building. Later site of Ettalee’s Restaurant.
A group of prominent young men founded the Crescent Club in December of 1902.
The all-male club was one of the early groups to organize in the state of Ohio, incorporating on Jan. 10, 1905.
The activities were purely entertainment and social. Many minstrels and plays were presented or promoted. Formal dinners, banquets and elaborate balls were also held.
The club also participated in community projects. It’s meeting room was upstairs at 122 South Broadway for years before moving to the upstairs room at 129 South Broadway above the Hannah Furniture Store.
The club started with about 25 members and by 1948 had 55 members. The club disbanded in the mid-1970’s.